This Entertaining Set is Perfect for Serving Delicious Sangria and Includes a Pitcher and Six Stemmed Glasses
Cabernet Sauvignon Paired with Rigatoni Carbonara and Pesto Recipe
Rigatoni Carbonara, a traditional Italian dish, pairs perfectly with a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon. The bold tannins of the wine balance the creamy pasta dish, while the fresh pesto adds a bright and herbaceous note to the dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- A large pot of salted water should be brought to a boil.
- Cook until the rigatoni is al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the pancetta is crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and place on paper towels to drain.
- Whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, parsley, and basil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place aside.
- Pulse the pine nuts and garlic in a small food processor until finely chopped.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil while the machine is running, and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pancetta in the skillet.
- To combine, toss everything together.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the egg mixture, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- Take care not to overcook the eggs.
- Place the pasta on four plates and top with the pesto.
- With a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, serve.
The Oxford Companion To Wine
The Home Winemaker's Companion
Wine and Food Pairings
Malbec Wine with Croissant and Blueberries Recipe
Red Wine Sangria with Strawberries, Blueberries and Oranges Recipe
Malbec Wine with a Salami Charcuterie Board Recipe
Riesling White Wine with Cheese and Cashews Recipe